On Feb 13, our clinic director Beth Cowper-Fung, along with the AFHTO (Association of Family Health Teams of Ontario) CEO and other members of the Board Executive Committee met with the Deputy Premier and Minister of Health, the Hon. Christine Elliott. They had a productive meeting, providing pre-budget recommendations to represent and improve integrated primary health care.
The five key recommendations are:
1. Increase access to interprofessional team-based primary care for Ontarians who need it
2. Invest in clinical leadership to ensure successful roll-out of Ontario Health Teams
3. Embed mental health and addictions support in primary care
4. Help end hallway health care by embedding home and community care coordination with primary care
5. Support digital health options in primary care