Updated April 6, 2020
Dear GNPLC patients,
With the growing concerns around COVID-19, the Georgina Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic is working together with external agencies to optimize the health and wellbeing of our patients, their families and staff.
As you may already be aware, Covid -19 has been declared a global pandemic by the World Health Organization. That said, this is a pandemic that has the potential to be controlled and contained. In our collective efforts to do that, we have made some temporary changes to our policies and procedures within the organization. We are making these changes to help protect you, our team and all of our families.
Some of the changes include:
· All appointment requests will be triaged by phone and appointments will be prioritized based on urgency.
· Patients calling with symptoms of fever, cough and travel will be directed to call York Region Public Heath directly for instructions.
· Patients calling with symptoms of a cold, cough or flu symptoms will have a call back from an NP who will determine if you should be seen in the clinic, directed to Public Health or given symptom management instructions.
· All patients who come to the clinic will be asked to wash their hands (sanitizer unit on the window beside the door and on the check in desk) and to put on a mask if needed by the admin team.
· Prescription renewals can be done virtually by the NP. If this is for your Blood Pressure, please provide any home readings that you have done.
· Wellness visits will be canceled until further notice.
· Newborn and well baby assessments will continue as scheduled (immunizations are all to be done as per the regular schedule).
· All group programs will be suspended until further notice (we will post on our website and Facebook when they are going to be re-started)
Again, please note that these changes are only temporary and in place to ensure and optimize the health and safety of our community. We ask that you please be patient as we deal with the impact of Covid-19. Your health and wellbeing remain our number one priority.
The Team at the Georgina Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
Updated March 17, 2020
We will be temporarily changing our lab services to BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. If you are a patient of the clinic and require lab services, please call the clinic in advance to book an appointment. This will help us ensure the safety of all our patients and staff. Thank you for your understanding.